Questions to Ask Your Wedding Coordinator a helpful guide.
A wedding coordinator, sometimes known as a wedding planner, can take the hassle out of your big day, freeing you up to focus on being in love. But not all wedding coordinators perform the same functions, and a wedding planner might be a great idea if you work full time, have kids, planning a destination wedding or an extravagant wedding. Before you hire a planner for your special day, be sure to ask these questions:
- How much do you charge, and what is the charge for any additional functions?
- What specific services do you perform?
- Will you be there the day of my wedding?
- Have you worked with my venue before?
- What do you do to make planning easier?
- What happens if you get sick, are in an accident, or otherwise cannot make it to my wedding?
- Do you offer a preset number of appointments, phone calls, or emails?
- What will you need from me to plan my wedding?
- Do you maintain a preferred list of vendors? Can I work with vendors outside of that list? Can you help me communicate with my family and friends? This can be especially helpful if you have controlling parents or inconsiderate friends.
- Have one contact person so messages and appointments are not left in the hands of the wrong person.
- Wedding Planners have a lot of contacts in the industry and will be able to negotiate discounts that will cover their costs.
- What happens if I want to cancel your services, how much money will I forfeit.
Be sure to also ask about any special needs you or your guest might have. Remember, you hire a planner to ensure your needs are met, so there is no shame in asking lots of questions, being clear about your wishes, and then expecting your planner to stick to those wishes. It is your wedding, so choose the planner who can best understand and adapt to your needs! Hiring a wedding planner over all will be positive and uplifting experience and by the time you wedding day arrives you will be glad you did when every thing comes together and all you will have to do is enjoy the day.