Questions to Ask Your Wedding Coordinator a helpful guide.A wedding coordinator, sometimes known as a wedding planner, can take the hassle out of your big day, freeing you up to focus on being in love. But, not all wedding coordinators perform the same functions, and a wedding planner might be a great idea if you work full time, have kids, or are planning a destination wedding or an extravagant ceremony. Before you hire a planner for your special day, Here are some important Questions to Ask Your Wedding Coordinator :
- How much do you charge, and what is the charge for additional functions?
- What specific services do you perform?
- Will you be there on the day of my wedding?
- Have you worked with my venue before?
- What do you do to make planning easier?
- What happens if you get sick, are in an accident, or otherwise cannot make it to my wedding?
- Do you offer a preset number of appointments, phone calls, or emails?
- What will you need from me to plan my wedding?
- Do you maintain a preferred list of vendors? Can I work with vendors outside of that list? Can you help me communicate with my family and friends? This can be especially helpful if you have controlling parents or inconsiderate friends.
- Have one contact person so messages and appointments are kept in the hands of the right person.
- Wedding Planners have a lot of contacts in the industry and will be able to negotiate discounts that will cover their costs.
- What happens if I want to cancel your services? How much money will I forfeit?
What are the things a coordinator organizes?
- Vendor Selection and Management: Coordinators can help you find and contract with various vendors like caterers, florists, photographers, etc. They can also oversee contracts and communicate with vendors leading up to the wedding day.
- Timeline and Schedule Creation: They’ll create a detailed timeline for the wedding day, including when vendors should arrive when specific events (ceremony, speeches, dances, etc.) will take place, and more.
- Venue Coordination: Coordinators will work closely with the venue staff to ensure everything is set up according to your preferences.
- Rehearsal Coordination: They’ll oversee the wedding rehearsal to ensure everyone knows their roles and responsibilities.
- Problem-Solving: If any issues arise on the wedding day (which is not uncommon), the coordinator will handle them, allowing you to enjoy your day without being burdened by problems.
- Guest Assistance: They can assist with guest seating, direct guests to various locations, and handle special accommodations.
How much does a wedding coordinator charge?Well, this depends on the event size and the duties they will be expected to perform.
- Day-of Coordination: This typically covers coordination on the actual wedding day. Prices can range from $800 to $2,500 or more.
- Partial Planning: This involves assistance with specific aspects of the wedding planning process. Prices can range from $1,500 to $5,000 or more.
- Full-Service Planning: This includes comprehensive assistance with all aspects of wedding planning. Prices can range from $3,000 to $10,000 or more.
Reasons to Hire a Wedding Coordinator:
- Expertise and Experience: Function coordinators are professionals with experience planning and executing large events. They know the ins and outs of the industry, have connections with vendors, and can offer valuable advice.
- Time-Saving: If you are time-poor, organizing an event on this scale can be incredibly time-consuming and stressful. A coordinator can handle the logistics, giving you more time to enjoy the process and focus on other aspects of your life.
- Stress Reduction: The checking you haven’t forgotten anything can be overwhelming, especially as the date approaches. A coordinator can alleviate stress by managing the details and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Keeping you on budget: A skilled coordinator can help you stay on budget by recommending cost-effective options and negotiating with vendors.
- Creative Input: They can help bring your vision to life, suggesting ideas and themes that align with your preferences. Sometimes, things you wouldn’t have thought of in a million years. So one of the questions to ask your wedding coordinator would be what do you suggest?