6 Mantras to Repeat as You Plan Your Wedding day
- The marriage matters more than the wedding. No matter what happens on my wedding day, I have a lifetime of wedded bliss to look forward to.
- I do not have to be perfect to be good and worthy of love. A perfect wedding will not solve all the problems in my life.
- I am good and strong, and the stress of today will quickly give way to the triumphs of tomorrow.
- I love myself, my family, and my partner. Love is the most important thing (Note that this sort of mantra, known as loving-kindness meditation, can also work wonders for reducing anger. And as all brides know, anger is sometimes part of the wedding planning package).
- There is no such thing as a perfect wedding. I can enjoy even an imperfect wedding day.
- There is no such thing as a perfect bride. I am perfect and good enough just as I am.
Let’s face it: the happiest day of your life can also be the most stressful. From fighting with your parents over the budget for the big day to dashing from vendor to vendor to ensure everything is perfect, most brides have at least a few meltdowns in their march toward the altar. It might feel a bit silly at first, but repeating affirming mantras to yourself really can help you cope with the stress without lashing out, breaking down, or making yourself miserable. Simply find a quiet space, close your eyes, and focus on your breath as you repeat a mantra to yourself for five to 10 minutes. Then drink a nice glass of water to ensure you’re hydrated, and get back to the business of tackling your wedding! We think these mantras are especially helpful.