Where it all started for Jacqueline and Josh – Leah S Designs real brides weddingsJosh and I met while performing together in a children’s performing company when we were 18 and 17 and there was a mutual attraction. We became friends and were both accepted into the same university course in Ballarat. We decided with another girl from the company that we would all share a house. However upon moving in together we didn’t get along at all! It was after a year of living together that we realised our ‘hate’ for each other was the cliched story of a fine line between love and hate. We have been inseparable ever since.
Theme of your wedding.
What was your experience at Leah S like?
How did the wedding day go? Take us through your day.
Tell us about your honeymoon.
What is married life like now?Life isn’t too different from our previous engaged life. We have a little more free time now that we aren’t planning a wedding. We get to call each other husband and wife which is a lot of fun. Married life is just as amazing as our life before the wedding and we’re now expecting baby number two – talk about icing on the cake.!
A real brides advice for future brides?Enjoy every moment of the planning process as they don’t lie, when they say the day goes crazy fast. Take it one task at a time so it stays fun and doesn’t become overwhelming and remember why you’re doing this. It’s not all about the wedding (as much as the wedding is amazing). It’s about walking down that aisle to see the love of your life waiting for you. Knowing that you’re going to spend the rest of your lives together and to celebrate with your loved ones!
Suppliers & Trades for other real brides.
- Venue- My parents property in Emerald
- Cake- My Mum’s best friend and bridesmaid at her wedding made our cake, it was a chocolate Mud Cake with white ruffled fondant.
- Transport- Nothing fancy here, we hired a mini bus and one of our Groomsmen drove it for us. Then driven to our accommodation for the evening by my Sister/Maid or Honour.
- Invites – My Maid of Honour, my incredibly talented sister, designed them for us and our monogram for the day. She had them printed through her work and my talented husband created a Wedding Website for us that had all of the information and RSVP.
- Suits & Groomsmen- Josh had his suit tailored by Oscar Hunt. We bought all the shirts from MJ Bale. Shoes were from Aquila and ties from Joe Black. All the Groomsmen provided their own suits and we just gave them guide on colour- which surprisingly they all turned out to look the same.
- Bridesmaids- We bought online through For Her and For Him. They were amazing. Great price and huge colour selection. We had small alterations done at Ginger pins alterations and I bought the girls earrings from Leah S too.
- Hair & Makeup- Bridal Hair was by Marjorie May Fair. She is a Vintage Hair stylist and did the most beautiful job. Bridesmaids Hair was a family friend who is a hairdresser. Make up was by Fiona from Phoebe Make-up & Hair, she was incredible and did all 6 of us in 5 hours!
- Flowers- A dear friend Bek Gardner who is a trained florist, with some assistance from my Mother in Law and her Sister went to the flower market and did all of the arrangements themselves. They turned out better than I ever could have hoped.
- Entertainment- Two of my beautiful cousins played violin and acoustic guitar while I walked down the aisle and while we signed the marriage certificate. Then we had two close friends play piano and sing for our first dance. The rest of the evening we made playlists with the help of one of my bridesmaids and it worked really well!
- Photographer – Kyle Psalskyj from Allsorts Pictures. He was the best! Ph: 0419 529 233. Email: email@example.com
- Videographer- Tearlach Wales from True Story Wedding Films– firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421 888 440 Hope these tips are helpfull to other real brides.